Sunday, April 15, 2007

Said I Promised to Never Fall in Love With a Stranger

For the record, I love Sacha Zimmerman. She makes me feel that my television addiction could lead to something in my life, although I know I'll never have a faction of her wit and charm. (And beauty- my goodness!) This is from her latest piece on American Idol (which, although still angry that it messed with House, I watch):

...America's newest sweetheart is by no means the best singer on the program. In fact, most people agree Sanjaya is the worst--and their hatred has caused quite a kerfuffle. And if "Idol" has always spurred the kind of civic participation most pols can only dream of, now it also mirrors the corruptibility of democracy just as well: Sanjaya is America's latest wedge issue.

This is where I admit that I like Sanjaya for one reason and one reason only. He's cute. I like Robbie Williams, too. Do you think it's because of his catchy, catchy tunes? Only partly. It's mostly because of this. Plus, Sanjaya laughs when Simon makes fun of him. He laughs. Then he smiles his cute little smile and someone less adorable with a mediocre voice comes out.

No one on American Idol really excites me. Granted, I haven't watched from the beginning, and I'm basing this on a few half hours caught here and there, but no one really blows me away. Or at least blows me away consistently. Sanjaya has a presence, he's silly, and he's cute. Oh yeah, and it's a TV show.

1 comment:

The Black Ram said...

I was all about Sundance Head for obvious reasons.